After the holidays and feast, many people are definitely looking at the weighing scales. The next agenda in line is to hit that ideal body weight and gain that perfect body shape before summer hits in two months time. TWO MONTHS. Gaining weight and unhealthy food intake increases the risk for lifestyle diseases. In fact, worldwide, Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs) are the top causes of death all because of unhealthy living.
So, how can Christians have healthy living? I have been asked this question time and again. So, from a medical perspective founded on Christian understanding, let share some thoughts. This advise is a brief summary from the e-book I'm writing. Here we go. Living a Christian and Healthy Lifestyle includes:
1. Eating healthy. Choose to eat for nutrition.
2. Exercise and meditate. Move your body and cleanse your mind.
3. Hit the ideal weight. Know your numbers.
4. Stop smoking. You have the right to breath clean air.
5. Stress relief. Cast your burdens and sorrows to God.
6. Make friends. Share God's love.
7. Pray. Pray without ceasing.
Our body is God's temple. Let us take care of it. This New Year, let us resolve to live a Christian and Healthy Lifestyle.