Lessons I learned after arriving at the Mactan International Airport at 8:05 AM to attend the Order of Elders and Workers Retreat. Here are the top 10 things I need to remember:
1. There is no breakfast meal in Jollibee. I was hungry but the only Jollibee store at the airport does not offer any breakfast meal. I had to find another store outside.
2. You can take the bus going to Cebu. I wanted to commute with the public transport in Cebu. They have a MyBus right outside the airport. It will bring right at SM City Cebu where jeepneys going all over are available.
3. Be ready with coins. The MyBus uses a tap card but if you do not have one, you need to pay the exact amount to the driver (actually you drop it in the box).
4. There is a Traveller's Lounge in SM. This is very convenient for travelers going through Cebu. One can leave their bags there or take a shower for only P50. I took the opportunity to freshen up before I proceeded to my destination.
5. The Mall opens at 10 AM. I had to wait for the Mall to open before I could get to the available restaurants inside to eat my breakfast. I just ordered some cheeseburgers to go.
6. Take the 12 G or 12 I jeepneys to get to Labangon. There is a terminal infront of the Mall where jeepneys plying different routes are waiting. It leaves on time and does not wait for the jeep to be full.
7. Fare is P9. SM Cebu to A. Lopez is a little far but is just 9 pesos, that is 2 more than the regular fare P7.
8. The jeep route passes through a couple of landmarks in Cebu. We passed through Sto. Nino, Pier Uno, the old downtown Colon and the Vicente Sotto Medical Center.
9. The divine worship starts at 10:30 AM. I arrived at the church at 11:02 AM.