Saturday, January 2, 2021

January 2021: Hair Cut

Counting change as the year 2021 ushers in. 

We love Bible stories because we can relate to them and learn important life lessons. This year, I will share some Bible Stories that relates to some important situations we encounter in this year as we face the Covid-19 Pandemic. I hope this will help us center ourselves in God's story despite the current pandemic.

 Samson had his hair cut by Delilah. Samson was a Nazirite - set apart. People forget that Samson and Delilah is a story from the Bible. And people forget it is not a love story but about God enabling us to fulfill the work God called us to do.

I grew my hair long. It was not intentional. It was symbolic of how long this pandemic has affected our lives. This pandemic caused us to be in quarantine, lockdowns, businesses closed including barbershops since last year. The haircut I got today from my wife will be the first since last year. She is not Delilah, but my wife did cut my hair. 




No comments: