Monday, August 1, 2011

Hospice

I am excited in my rotation in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. I pray that some of my questions about the relationship of theology and medicine will somehow be answered one way or another.

My most anticipated part is my exposure to the actual use of Spirituality in patient care. Although I have already used the Spiritual history in some of my patients, I have never been exposed to using it in such great number of patients. Plus, most of my patients will be terminally ill and so I expect them to have more or less some spiritual problems.

I expect that whenever my patients will share to me their spirituality, I will have an opportunity to offer them Christ as their Lord and Savior. Of course, that means I have to be very shifty as a doctor and as a pastor. I pray that my month-long stay will be a blessing to the many people

No comments: